Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dilemmas

So, the other artist was creating backgrounds with a flat 2D perspective while mine, although 2D, had a 3D perspective. The group and I discussed what would be easier for the programmer and we came to the conclusion to go straight on 2D perspective (side view). The car cannot go up and down (ie can't go up and down hills) due to the difficulty of programming, so we will have our levels be flat and you need to get the car over bridges that have different friction. For example, a bridge might be icy so the player will need to calculate how to adjust the springs to get the car safely over to the target. I am also changing the style of car. It will not be a Bugatti, but rather a jeep. The car will also change based on the level. Jeep will probably be for mountain levels, a regular car like a Nissan Altima for just a regular level, and some type of car good for snow for the snow level. I will start with the jeep and go from there. I am also creating bridges for the levels.

On a side note, here is the art I created for today in my style. The team can still use the flame and smoke for when the car fails and crashes.



No comments:

Post a Comment