Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rigging and Weight Painting

Well, someone has to do all this rigging right?  I took up the initiative to learn how to do it.  Now I'm at the painting weights part.  It's not my favorite thing in the world, but I'll do it.  I've done it before in earlier versions of Maya and 2012 Maya is a bit better and nicer when it comes to weighting.  Hopefully I'll get through this without killing my mouse due to poor weights :(

I'm actually following a tutorial on Digitaltutors.com  so hopefully my rat will turn out OK.  I've also been asking help from my 3D modeling teacher. Now, the only problem I'm having while doing this is thinking "Well, my rat is paper, so how will it actually move?"  HOW DOES A PAPER RAT MOVE? I guess I'll look at real rats for now and figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment