Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pitches Part 2 Continued

Alright.  I found out what team I am on for the capstone E.A.E class!  Wewt! I'm on the Battle for Middle Earth team.  It's an real time strategy (R.T.S.) style game like Mushroom Wars.  You can create buildings to help your army to defeat the other team.  So, you can build barracks or even a hospital.  We want them to be upgradable too, so each time you upgrade the images of your buildings will change!  We also want to animate them!  I am the only art asset on the team at the moment, but I'm feeling OK with everything.  I can do it!

So, remember the pirate pitch for my game development class?  Well, I drew some doodles for it, and my team really likes the style.  So, we're actually changing the theme of medieval, middle-earth style to pirates and ninjas.  We'll see if that stays, but I'm fine with whatever.  We'll see how it pans out.

Aside from art, I'm also going to compose a small music piece for our prototype!  Yay!  I <3 music!

Here are the pirate doodles I did for my game development class along with ninjas I just barely made.  The female pirate is a bit more simplistic, but they both have that simple style to them. Aren't they ADORABLE?! =)

Pirates:
Ninjas:





We'd like to stick to this cartoon-like and simple style for the capstone game.  Now I just need to do some concepts on buildings.  Looks like I need to research oriental and Caribbean styles!  Off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment