Monday, November 28, 2011

PROJECT "DOLPHIN"

We have our new clients and our new teams with our new ideas! We aren't allowed to talk about our client's technology that we'll be using, but I can at least say what our game is...I think. Our game is called 'Wild Kart'! You are in a mine cart and must survive the ride on the track to the end. My team designer decided to at first do 2D because he didn't know how to program in 3D. As I started drawing the track, I thought..."Well how exactly are we doing this? Sprite sheets? Just images? What happens when the track turns?" So, I asked one of the programmers and the end conclusion was, this was going to be pretty hard. Both programmers decided to mess with 3D coding and later decided 3D design would be best. So, we are now doing a 3D game.

I have started building a track. Kevin, one of our programmers, actually quickly modeled a mine cart. So, now that's taken care of I am going to just do a simple track level of an oval with straight ends on two sides and two curves. This will make it easier for the programmers to figure out what to program. After that, Karatti will start designing a level and I will then start to outline that in Maya.

Here's hoping things go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment