Sunday, September 23, 2012

We have a presentation coming soon and we needed art assets and quick.  So, instead of making new assets I decided to take some of our old ones and touch them up.  I took the cave and added stalactites and stalagmites for the player to dodge.  I also talked with the engineers to see how long it would take the player to go through the cave.  I didn't want so many obstacles going by too quickly and frustrate the player.  It turns out, each of our tiles, which are 40 x 40 squares in Maya, take the player 2 seconds to cross. Not a whole lot of time, so I placed the obstacles farther a part.




After a while though, it turned out best to take out the stalactites and stalagmites out of the cave mesh and make them their own separate object.  That way it will be easier to test them in the game and see where they can go.

As for textures, so far I've been using tiled/seamless textures, so my UV maps are kind of all over the place.  The other artist is going to re-texture our assets later.




No comments:

Post a Comment